A custom lawn care program to keep your lawn healthy and green
We offer a 4-step application program that will keep your lawn healthy all season. Each application is designed to provide for the needs of your lawn throughout the season. Each application should be applied 6-8 weeks apart. A custom application program can be designed for your specific needs and budget.
- Spring Application - Crabgrass Preventer and Fertilizer
- Crabgrass is easy to prevent but difficult to control once established. We apply a pre-emergent product that has a season long residual for the entire growing season.
- A lower rate of nitrogen is used in the spring to prevent excessive top growth of the plant.
- Spring application is started mid-March and should be finished by the beginning of May.
- This application uses only granular prills - no liquids are used on the first application.
- Early Summer Application - Broadleaf Weed Control and Slow Release Fertilizer
- May - Early July
- The early summer application includes a full broadcast spray for broadleaf weeds (dandelions, clover, etc.)
- Slow release fertilizer is designed to last 6-8 weeks, usually this includes a percentage of organic fertilizer.
- Spot treat for any seasonal weeds that are present (crabgrass breakthroughs, nutsedge, select grassy weeds)
- Optional preventative grub control is applied with this application
- Late Summer Application - Spot Treatment for Broadleaf Weeds and Slow Release Fertilizer
- Mid July - Early September
- Spot treat for broadleaf weeds and any other weeds present (nutsedge, crabgrass)
- Slow release fertilizer designed to last 6-8 weeks, usually includes a percentage of organic fertilizer
- Timing of this application varies depending on current conditions; we avoid application when lawns are heat stressed and lacking water.
- Fall Application - Heavy rate of quick release fertilizer and broadcast application of broadleaf weed control
- September - November
- Heavier rate of fertilizer without a slow release designed to feed the plants root system. In the fall, the plants top growth slows and root growth increases.
- Full broadcast application for broadleaf weeds. Fall is the best time to kill weeds and prevent problems for the following spring.
- What about my pets?
- Pets should be kept of treated turf until any weed control dries. Typically 2-4 hours
- How soon can I mow?
- Please do not mow your lawn for 24-48 hours after to allow the weed control to be taken in by the plant.
- How is my service applied?
- We use ride-on applicator machines to apply granular fertilizer prills and low volume liquid weed control.
Our liscenced and trained technicians use the latest technology in order to make accurate applications to your lawn.